Who we are
Smiling Mind is a 100% not-for-profit organisation that works to make mindfulness accessible to all.
Mindfulness for Schools
Mindfulness in Workplaces
Mindfulness for Everyday
Evidence Based Guidelines
Everything we do here at Smiling Mind is backed by evidence, which is why we’ve just released our Evidence Based Guidelines For Mindfulness in Schools. This document aims to provide school leaders, teachers and other stakeholders who wish to implement mindfulness programs into their school learning environment with a clear and concise review of the evidence and existing best practice within education.
Mindfulness is one of the most effective ways of teaching us to pay attention. Millions of people use mindfulness in their lives as a way of reducing stress and managing emotions. 1,2
The science behind mindfulness
Mindfulness plays an important role in your mental & physical wellbeing as Associate Professor Craig Hassed from Monash University explains.
Mindfulness can play a role in helping to:
- Reduce the physical wear and tear on the body
- Increase your immune system
- Switch off excessive inflammation in the body
- Relieve cardiovascular stress
- Switch down cortisol and damage to your bones
Smiling Mind exists to help build individual mental health and wellbeing through pre-emptive tools based on mindfulness meditation. Smiling Mind is accessible to everyone, irrespective of geographic location or socio-economic status and we have reached millions of people across Australia, and globally. The reason we exist is to make a positive impact on people's lives.
We're trusted by more than 40,000 Australian Educators that use our platform
We've worked with more than 20,000 staff and helped transform the culture of over 200 organisations
We've brought mindfulness training to 1.5 million Australian students
We're in the pockets of over 2.6 million people around the world
Let's create mindful generations together
As a not-for-profit organisation Smiling Mind relies on the generosity and support of our community to ensure that we can continue to offer our App for free and to support schools and communities to implement our programs.
Free Smiling Mind App
Looking after our mental health is just as important as our physical health, but just like anything new, it takes practise.
Try a sample meditation online now.
Download our app or try it on the web and start with just 10 minutes of meditation a day.
What makes us different?
Founded in Melbourne, Australia, Smiling Mind is a 100% Not-For-Profit
State-of-the-art technology platform that is trusted and evidence-based
#1 Free + Australian
A pre-emptive and proactive tool to help support your mental health
1. Keng, S. L., Smoski, M. J., & Robins, C. J. (2011). Effects of mindfulness on psychological health: A review of empirical studies. Clinical psychology review, 31(6), 1041-1056.
1. Eberth, J., & Sedlmeier, P. (2012). The effects of mindfulness meditation: a meta-analysis. Mindfulness, 3(3), 174-189.
2. Taren, A. A., Gianaros, P. J., Greco, C. M., Lindsay, E. K., Fairgrieve, A., Brown, K. W., ... & Bursley, J. K. (2015). Mindfulness meditation training alters stress-related amygdala resting state functional connectivity: a randomized controlled trial. Social cognitive and affective neuroscience, 10(12), 1758-1768.
2. Hindman, R. K., Glass, C. R., Arnkoff, D. B., & Maron, D. D. (2015). A comparison of formal and informal mindfulness programs for stress reduction in university students. Mindfulness, 6(4), 873-884.